Wa-wa-wa sound from tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting a wa-wa-wa sound from one of my tires. I would think yeah, it is definitely a tire because of the sound, I have heard it before on other cars. However in this case, the sound only happens when I accelerate, at speed or coasting the sound is gone.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a bearing in the rear end assembly. If you jack up the rear and spin things, with the engine, this might determine if the noise is in the rear end somewhere or related to a tire. Be sure to put the truck on solid jack stands if you do this.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I have been getting a wa-wa-wa sound from one of my tires. I would think yeah, it is definitely a tire because of the sound, I have heard it before on other cars. However in this case, the sound only happens when I accelerate, at speed or coasting the sound is gone.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?
sounds more like a bearing, but could also be irregular wear to the tire. Take it to the place you bought the tires from, or a tire store you trust, and have them check.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say it sounds like bearing or gear related because you say it comes and goes with drive train loaded and unloaded via the engine. Tire related noise tends to be there as a function of speed and possibly road surface condition.

revolt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What tires are those? When we get a new truck wheels, gonna get quieter tires as wife is little sensitive with noise.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it might be the CV shaft....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew