Volant 155546 intake installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I got mine through AutoAnything.com some model numbers are excluded...I bought the model #15453. So this model was $261.30 and then they had 10% off, plus the $50 mail-in-rebate.

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A1817A0A0.aspx

OH SNAP I actually got mine unit, AFTER REBATE for under $200!!! After the rebate I will pay $185. I cannot believe this intake system is that cheap, especially considering the quality and "design" of the unit. Only issue I had during install is sort of what your problem was, the pre-drilled holes to mount the new Volant Box in didn't match up well. I was able to get 3 of the 4 bolts in place which is more than enough to keep it stationary, no big deal in my opinion at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine through AutoAnything.com some model numbers are excluded...I bought the model #15453. So this model was $261.30 and then they had 10% off, plus the $50 mail-in-rebate.

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A1817A0A0.aspx

OH SNAP I actually got mine unit, AFTER REBATE for under $200!!! After the rebate I will pay $185. I cannot believe this intake system is that cheap, especially considering the quality and "design" of the unit. Only issue I had during install is sort of what your problem was, the pre-drilled holes to mount the new Volant Box in didn't match up well. I was able to get 3 of the 4 bolts in place which is more than enough to keep it stationary, no big deal in my opinion at all.
Wow! I was happy to get mine for right around $300. You got a steal!
4 holes? Mine only had 2 in which I only have one screw in place.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I was happy to get mine for right around $300. You got a steal!
4 holes? Mine only had 2 in which I only have one screw in place.
*Edit- I see that model is for the previous model GMC's and is a bit less expensive for some odd reason. You still got a heck of a price though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts