Volant 155546 intake installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, it is not a perfect fit. I checked my phone 3 times with some expressive language about this. But it is in fact the intake recommended for my truck.
You will need to remove an additional fender brace to make the air cleaner box fit. This is no big deal. But the holes do not match up and it does not fit flush against the fender inlet. This didn't bother me because the box is open to the elements anyway. But you can tell it is made for the Silverado, and 'works' on the Yukon.

All in all, it is a nice looking intake. The fact that it can be purchased for under $300 is even better compared to some of the other intakes which are close to $500.

The only issue that I noticed is that if I hard rev, the display throws a code and the tach resets. The display states 'Service Stabilitrak'. I am hoping a BB tune will resolve this.

PERFORMANCE- definite improvement. When you get on the throttle, you can without doubt feel an improvement. The truck jumps much more quickly on acceleration now. It also gives a more throaty, deep aggressive exhaust sound. The Magnaflow muffler sounds even better with this exhaust.
This is no placebo effect. You can definitely feel the improvement!

I can't wait for the additional improvement with the BB tune coming next week.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stabilitrak thing is weird. And it didn't do it before? I'd check your wires going down to right front passenger (the speed sensor) tire/wheel, see if something got disturbed while you were messing with it.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it some more...

Many moons ago, I had a Chevy Luv with the alt light that would light up but only at high RPM's. It had a bad wire that would "open" at higher revs due to the engine torquing.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No wires disturbed that I am aware of.
I can't tell you if it did it before because I really never had a reason to hard rev.
I know one thing, I'm not placing the OE intake back in to see. The whole process was a bit of a PITA.
Hopefully a tune fixes it.

Last edited:

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you tune it double check your connections to make sure. That’s the same intake I have on my Escalade and yes it was a PITA to install, but when installing it leaving everything loose for proper fit is a must. If everything is still connected the way it should be than pull the negative battery cable for 30 seconds to clear the codes. Reconnect it and go for a ride. Hope this helps

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot. It's a strange situation. It's one of those things that may have been there from the start.
I only hard revved the truck to listen to the intake.
I'll more than likely install my tune and then take the truck in sometime next year.

I dread have to deal with the service centers and try to put things off as long as possible.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring it in before the tune. Some dealerships give you s**t about having it tuned. Even if you remove the tune and set it back to stock they can still see when it was added and removed.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't do it anymore.
My thoughts are that 5 minutes was not enough time for the trucks electronics to reset after having the cable off the battery for an hour.
So I'm good to go!

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I just installed the Volant system as well on my SSV, super cheap @265 shipped plus they had like a $50 mail in rebate so it looks great and sounds much better above 2k RPM. Definitely a SOTP increase that will equate to even more hp/tq when I get a tune as well, need to get one asap. Looking local first but will go with BB if no one looks good enough in Detroit.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Volant system as well on my SSV, super cheap @265 shipped plus they had like a $50 mail in rebate so it looks great and sounds much better above 2k RPM. Definitely a SOTP increase that will equate to even more hp/tq when I get a tune as well, need to get one asap. Looking local first but will go with BB if no one looks good enough in Detroit.
Where was the $50 discount? From Volant or a retailer? I purchased mine off Amazon. But not for the price you got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne