Vinyl wrapping the grooved GMC badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to black out the GMC badges with vinyl but noticed they were ribbed or grooved. Is it possible with these ribs/grooves in the badges? Can anyone who has done this post a closeup pic? Thanks.

image_27.jpg

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an extreme pain to do, and I wrap on a regular basis. I wound up using plasti dip for mine..

Sent from my V10 using Tapacrap

OP
OP
Weber Dude

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an extreme pain to do, and I wrap on a regular basis. I wound up using plasti dip for mine..

Sent from my V10 using Tapacrap

That's what I figured. Thanks. Do you have any closeup pics of the plastidip badge?

Reaction score
Thanks Denada... it is my truck. It is black plastidip with a glossifier. It's an iphone picture in sunlight so it is kind of hard to see, but it looks black in person. I will say the grill looks darker black than the emblems do, even though its the same product, possibly due to all the ridges in the emblem, not sure. I put it on there as a test prior to getting it painted, and it turned out good enough that I am keeping it as is.

cship

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice look! Get's me thinking about doing this to mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish