Vinyl idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now don't laugh because it sounds like a pre school art class project....but what if you put a piece of white paper over the GMC, then rub it with the side of a pencil led to create the general outline and shape and then fax it in 100% size to Scott?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think your best bet is going to a craft/hobby store and get hobby paint and paint the inside.

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now don't laugh because it sounds like a pre school art class project....but what if you put a piece of white paper over the GMC, then rub it with the side of a pencil led to create the general outline and shape and then fax it in 100% size to Scott?

Actually that's exactly what I was planning on doing

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the only thing is i need a hard straight line to trace in order to get the shape. this is why having the part in my hands is the best option. other then that scanning the part often works. because i can zoom in on it and trace around it on my program.

open times people will send me a photo of something like this. how ever this is no good as god only knows how far its off from normal size. or how zoomed it is . keeping in mind my vinyl sticker cutting only cuts the outline of a decal and its only as smart as the file i tell it to cut. see this video and you will get a better idea of how it goes from computer to sticker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGX4qqCjQc&feature=youtu.be

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about Overlay's for the DENALI, YUKON or GMC badges so we can rock different colors?

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
id love to.
but i need the badges to make the overlays.
and since each year and trim level in some cases have diffrent sizes it could be very tricky. . even to find the badges on ebay is very costly.
in some cases people can scan them with a computer scanner and email me the pic and i can make them. we have done this in the past with good reseults.

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will sell a ton of them on here. The DENALI badge for the 2007+ is the same for all trim level's. So is the word YUKON as well as the GMC logo. Let's hook something up.

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
well . i have a 2011 gmc sierra so that takes care of them ones ...lol just a matter of popin them off and making the over lays.

i know with some badges its less work to sell the customer the sheet of vinly and have them cut themselfs. example chevy bowties. as a precut decal is hard to cut one size fits all with all the bends. i havnt taken a good look our my badges but i think they are flat so this shouldnt be an issue

anyone that helps by sending. badges or scanns gets the overlays for free. problem is most people dont have spare badges to get away. how ever if someone has taken them off ... i can offer a credit for something else in exchange for badges .