Vinyl idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys could make some cut outs for the GMC logo in the steering wheel. Here's a pic:

5997490011_large.jpg

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
its very doable . in most cases we need the part in our hands to scan and then draw on the computer to make the decal. in some cases we have had customers scan things and send us the file and are able to make the decal . if your going to try this scan it with a pennie then print a pic and compare the pennie to confirm its the same size as a lot of times scanners resize images .

also keep in mind the stickers and decals dont stick well to most dash surfaces . mostly because of whats used to clean them and often times because what they are made out of.

all that being said. im always open to new product ideas and new products so anything is worth looking into

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds great. And what do you mean by scanning it? And with what?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
with a scanner
sometimes a traced on paper template will work but not in this case im sure.
so youd have to scan it to get the file on the computer

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O I see. I thought you meant scan the truck part. OK I will try that when I have time this week. You want me to email it to you?

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yea pretty much you would have to take the part off the truck and toss it on the scanner bed. unless your lucky and have one of them portable scanners.

i really cant thing of an easier way to get the correct size. with some badges and even headlights for eyelids we have bought the part and made the template but thats when a number of people want it. based on cost right? ... some badges are insanly priced

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just had another idea that I will scan to you as well. A decal to fit in the circle of the key? I know a lot of people here including myself probably don't have the original key as the key ring part always broke and may have the key nlankc that they have at a hardware store which don't have the GMC logo on them but are the same shape. Maybe a GMC logo or NYG for my beloved giants. Anything other than those god aweful numbers on the back and the key brand. Thanks again in advance. Hope I'm not being a pain just brainstorming and thinking of something others may be interested in as well

The Grafx Shop

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i welcome all ideas .
how ever the decal would probably only last on the key for a day or 2 till you put the keys in your pocket . smaller the harder it is to stick. very soon ill be selling carbon fiber keychains with GM and GMC and other logos on them. i know its not the same as a key itself. but they still look nice

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't really think about that. That's a good point. I'll try to scan the air bag cover this week. Let me know about the key chains