Vibration under full throttle...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while ago, I realized my drivers side engine mount was bad. As soon as that was replaced, I noticed an intermittent but somewhat harsh vibration when accelerating under full throttle... it did not happen before the mount was replaced. It happens every time, but it is not constant. The mount is tight and everything looks okay, but it sounds like something is hitting.

I have a Magnaflow Y-pipe. I'm wondering if this could be lifting up and barely making contact with something? It is strange, because this did not happen before I replaced the mount.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did gou disconnect anything else when doing the mount.i would loosen the mount up, go for a ride then snug it down and see whats up

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did gou disconnect anything else when doing the mount.i would loosen the mount up, go for a ride then snug it down and see whats up

I normally do everything myself, but a friends shop with a lift did the replacement (he does great work so I wasn't concerned). I don't believe anything else was disconnected but can't say for sure. It can be hard to pinpoint vibrations, but it sure seems like I can feel it in the floorboards. I may get under there again today and have another look... It only happens when the pedal is mashed.

If the mount still needed to replaced then that would make sense... but not AFTER it was replaced o_O

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I normally do everything myself, but a friends shop with a lift did the replacement (he does great work so I wasn't concerned). I don't believe anything else was disconnected but can't say for sure. It can be hard to pinpoint vibrations, but it sure seems like I can feel it in the floorboards. I may get under there again today and have another look... It only happens when the pedal is mashed.

If the mount still needed to replaced then that would make sense... but not AFTER it was replaced o_O
Im just throwing ideas, if the bolts were torqued with the motor slightly lifted or tilted whatever maybe something in the drivetrain is at a ****** up angle, however negligible it may be, loosen the replaced motor mount and tranny mount and go for a short spin and then torque it all down.

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just throwing ideas, if the bolts were torqued with the motor slightly lifted or tilted whatever maybe something in the drivetrain is at a ****** up angle, however negligible it may be, loosen the replaced motor mount and tranny mount and go for a short spin and then torque it all down.

Good idea. Yeah it doesn't take much to upset it I'm sure... I'll give that a shot if nothing stands out to me today. Thanks

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solved!

This bolt was the culprit... The cat was making contact. I managed to get a dremel up there and grind off a good amount. No more vibration and terrible sounds!

IMG_7501.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts