Vibration at 70 or faster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with a 99 burb and with my 09 tahoe. Tire guy told me my wheels were bent on the 09, bought new wheels and it came back. I put the front tires on the back and it went away in the steering wheel. I think my issue is with tires on the 09. I could never figure it out on the 99 burb but I never had the used aftermarket wheels checked either.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please let us know what you find. How was the front lowered? Spindles? I’m with the others. A shake not present at lower speed screams balance. A cupped tire would be less obvious at lower speed but still noticeable. As mentioned get dealer involved but be ready for guff from them bc it’s lowered.

OP
OP
M

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its lowered with spindles in front and springs in rear, have biggest sway bars, air bags, shocks, its lowered 100% right and everything has been double checked by me and one of my workers (own a performance shop).

Had it re-aligned (twice) and had the tires road force balanced and it made zero difference. I had other SUV owners say its the driveshaft and one said its the transmission.

Its very frustrating it shakes, we drive my 2500 4x4 suburban everywhere cause our 2015 yukon with 1/2 the miles shakes.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been some bent drive shafts but that’s pretty rare. If the rolling stock is fine take a look at U joints and shafts. A trans issue you would think would show up before 70 mph but it wouldn’t hurt to drop the pan for a fluid change. Otherwise I feel like the dealer is next. Maybe look up any TSB too

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see if you confirmed whether you tried installing new tires or not. My issue was found to be caused by a bad tire.

All tires are not equal, even the same model by the same manufacturer---some come out of the form bad, and the issue won't reveal itself unless/until you drive at or over a certain speed. They are more common than you think. I used to think it was BS but it happened to me.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see if you confirmed whether you tried installing new tires or not. My issue was found to be caused by a bad tire.

All tires are not equal, even the same model by the same manufacturer---some come out of the form bad, and the issue won't reveal itself unless/until you drive at or over a certain speed. They are more common than you think. I used to think it was BS but it happened to me.
I had a new tire that was out of round and caused this same issue.

OP
OP
M

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent tried new tires, thats on the list just hate to spend $800-$1,000 if its not the tires. The people I race with who have had this same issue, none were fixed with new tires.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Havent tried new tires, thats on the list just hate to spend $800-$1,000 if its not the tires. The people I race with who have had this same issue, none were fixed with new tires.
Just have a shop balance them that can also check for out of round as well as road force balance them. Mine was slightly out of round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts