Vibration at 70 or faster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the speed limits here are 75mph, at 70mph and high I start getting a vibration, below 70mph I cant feel it. Its 100% not the road. Yukon is lowered 2-4 and just had the alignment re-checked and is perfect. This is a 2015 yukon XL

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One or more wheels out of balance or an out of round tire. Maybe a weight fell off?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced the same dynamic at speeds over 65mph. Rotated and rebalanced the tires to no avail. Finally replaced the tires and found that at least one of the replaced tires was bad. Sometimes they develop issues over time and you don’t notice it at lower speeds.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I experienced the same dynamic at speeds over 65mph. Rotated and rebalanced the tires to no avail. Finally replaced the tires and found that at least one of the replaced tires was bad. Sometimes they develop issues over time and you don’t notice it at lower speeds.
That's why I mentioned out-of-round tires. I had my 26's balanced twice and still had a vibration at highway speed. Then I took them to a place with the best balancing equipment available and they're the ones that told me 2 of them were out of round by 3-5%. They did balance them perfectly though and the shake is barely noticeable, and only between 65-70 now.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing But it’s intermittent, I’ve tried different wheels tires everything, I don’t think that’s the issue

dmad1

Reaction score
Most of the speed limits here are 75mph, at 70mph and high I start getting a vibration, below 70mph I cant feel it. Its 100% not the road. Yukon is lowered 2-4 and just had the alignment re-checked and is perfect. This is a 2015 yukon XL

Go to YouTube and look up Chevy Shake...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy shake. Gotta test drive these things at 75+. I wish there was a sticky about this.

Log it with your dealer immediately. If new you should give them a couple shots at fixing it and then go lemon lawyer route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne