Vanity Mirror Lid does not stay up.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix a vanity mirror lid that will not stay up, or a cheap way to replace the mirror / lid? I don't want to replace the entire sunvisor over the vanity mirror lid.

Thanks in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it apart and see what it's made of, if it's not broken there must be a way, you might be surprised how easy it can be to fix little things like that.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take it apart and see what it's made of, if it's not broken there must be a way, you might be surprised how easy it can be to fix little things like that.
Tried to take it apart. Could not get it out of the visor. Of course I then cracked the mirror. New visor on the way. Oh well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the cover doesn't just pop off>? it looks like from this photo that the cover should just pop off at the corners

visor.JPG

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the cover doesn't just pop off>? it looks like from this photo that the cover should just pop off at the corners

View attachment 194077
It did. But, that gave me no visual of what keeps the lid open. Once I got the lid off, I couldn't find a way to remove anything else. When I popped the lid back on, it still wouldn't stay up. So I popped it off again and tried to pry under the mirror itself looking for a way to separate the mirror from the visor, and 'snap!'

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan