Valley Cover Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing my oil pressure sending unit when I do mine. I figure it's pretty easy to get to it with the intake off, and pretty damn hard when it's not off.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good write-ups for the intake, valley, and valve cover gasket replacements?

Going in on hoe for the rear bank knock sensor and yukon for an intake leak. I'll take your advice and do em all. The sending units are both over 200K origionals so i'll do them too.

The fel-pro MS92465 valley cover set looks to include knock sensor gaskets, can anyone confirm?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good write-ups for the intake, valley, and valve cover gasket replacements?

Going in on hoe for the rear bank knock sensor and yukon for an intake leak. I'll take your advice and do em all. The sending units are both over 200K origionals so i'll do them too.

The fel-pro MS92465 valley cover set looks to include knock sensor gaskets, can anyone confirm?

That's correct it comes with the the knock sensor seals I have a spare set if you need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I say it's also a good idea to replace knock sensor harness. A lot of heat and miles will make them brittle and have read a few reports that the connectors just break.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say it's also a good idea to replace knock sensor harness. A lot of heat and miles will make them brittle and have read a few reports that the connectors just break.

X2 on this and for the knock sensors and harness go AC Delco or you'll regret it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

X3. You never want to have to do any of this twice. Also look into the method of applying an RTV "dam" around the knock sensors to keep water from getting into them and rusting them out. There's plenty of write-ups on it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came across this thread and this reminds me that I need to change mine. My valley cover gasket is DEFINITELY leaking, and possibly my oil pressure switch as well.
I already have the valley cover gasket, I bought it from Rockauto about a month ago when I ordered some other stuff.
But last year I replaced my knock sensors, the knock sensor harness, and the intake manifold gaskets. If I pull it all apart again, can I re-use the intake manifold gaskets and knock sensors? Or will I need to replace that all again?
And should I go ahead and get a new oil pressure switch while I am at it?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came across this thread and this reminds me that I need to change mine. My valley cover gasket is DEFINITELY leaking, and possibly my oil pressure switch as well.
I already have the valley cover gasket, I bought it from Rockauto about a month ago when I ordered some other stuff.
But last year I replaced my knock sensors, the knock sensor harness, and the intake manifold gaskets. If I pull it all apart again, can I re-use the intake manifold gaskets and knock sensors? Or will I need to replace that all again?
And should I go ahead and get a new oil pressure switch while I am at it?

It's best to use new intake manifold gaskets, aslong as the knock sensors and harness aren't throwing any codes I'd reuse them did you go with AC Delco on those? If not might want too, do the switch while you have it apart it's a lot easier with the intake off use AC Delco on that too

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's best to use new intake manifold gaskets, aslong as the knock sensors and harness aren't throwing any codes I'd reuse them did you go with AC Delco on those? If not might want too, do the switch while you have it apart it's a lot easier with the intake off use AC Delco on that too

I didn't get AC Delco knock sensors, I got Delphi ones. And I have the Dorman harness. I don't remember what brand intake manifold gaskets I bought, I wanna say they are Fel-Pro.
And no, I'm not throwing any more knock sensor related codes. I have not had any more codes pop up ever since I replaced the knock sensors last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino