Valley Cover Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 04 6.0 Escalade, figured I'd do the valley cover gasket when I do the intake gaskets & knock sensors, what's a better valley cover gasket AC Delco or Felpro? No leaks but figured why not do it instead of pulling it all apart down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You can't go wrong going OEM. However, Felpro permadry gaskets are one of my favorites. Either should work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit one more thing I'd better do if I decide to go ahead with a Whipple. First it was knock sensors and now a valley cover gasket.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit one more thing I'd better do if I decide to go ahead with a Whipple. First it was knock sensors and now a valley cover gasket.

Lol ya & oil pressure switch since the intakes off

Bigbertha78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to do this on my 2004 5.3L, mine is leaking pretty good from the front. Is the fel-pro the best gasket for the valley cover and intake manifold? Also, thinking about swapping out the knock sensors and possibility the knock sensor harness while I'm in there. Any other ideas that I may have forgot about?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to do this on my 2004 5.3L, mine is leaking pretty good from the front. Is the fel-pro the best gasket for the valley cover and intake manifold? Also, thinking about swapping out the knock sensors and possibility the knock sensor harness while I'm in there. Any other ideas that I may have forgot about?

Felpro is good for the valley cover it comes with the seals for the knock sensors the AC Delco doesn't need to buy them separately, for the knock sensors and Harness go with AC Delco the after market ones have issues, plan on doing the oil pressure sending unit too while your there since it's easy to get at with the intake off, for the intake gaskets either AC Delco or Felpro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98