Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted the diagram, I don't know how to read them! LOL I think that's the one but don't know what all them squiggly lines mean.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

I am not sure what everyone else sees but at first I saw a wiring diagram BUT when I clicked on it to open it in a bigger window it has now changed to showing how to remove ball joints.

That is freaking nuts... every time I edit this post it changes the image to something new.... lol

kbuskill

Reaction score
So I think we have an answer...

As the factory installed heated washer unit the AT-37GM Heated Wash operates in “Automatic” mode.

The unit starts to operate when the ignition is on (engine running) and the unit’s control switch is pressed. Once the unit is
activated it heats the washer fluid inside a self contained heating chamber for approximately 30 seconds and then
automatically provides 4 consecutive sprays of heated fluid in conjunction with the windshield wipers. There is
approximately 10-20 seconds between each spray (depending on outside temperature). The AT-37GM will shut down
automatically after the completion of 4 sprays, or if the driver pushes the control switch during the cycle.

This unit is a direct replacement for GM vehicles with original attachment and OEM connectors.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of these ideas are great if we only new the factory workings of this switch.

I assume the switched circuit has a timer of some sort built into it to turn off after a given period of time.

What I am not sure of is :

1. How long is that period of time?

2. If you turn it on can you turn it off by pressing the button again or do you have to wait the allotted time?

3. Does this cause your wipers to come on and spray fluid on your windshield automatically?

We need more info from someone with a functional washer fluid heater.

Found this site: http://alphathermusa.com/heatedwash-AT-37GM.html

They give details on how it functions, but not so much the switch's function. I may end up ordering one since it's a plug-and-play solution to restoring this feature. Apparently, hot water washes off bugs better than ambient temp water. I don't know why they can't just make an aluminum washer reservoir that doubles as an exhaust manifold heat shield- free heated washer fluid!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think we have an answer...

As the factory installed heated washer unit the AT-37GM Heated Wash operates in “Automatic” mode.

The unit starts to operate when the ignition is on (engine running) and the unit’s control switch is pressed. Once the unit is
activated it heats the washer fluid inside a self contained heating chamber for approximately 30 seconds and then
automatically provides 4 consecutive sprays of heated fluid in conjunction with the windshield wipers. There is
approximately 10-20 seconds between each spray (depending on outside temperature). The AT-37GM will shut down
automatically after the completion of 4 sprays, or if the driver pushes the control switch during the cycle.

This unit is a direct replacement for GM vehicles with original attachment and OEM connectors.

LOL

Apparently, we were both on that site at the same time.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why the pictures left and keep changing to something else. I just copied and pasted them. Send me an email if you want them.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I don't know why the pictures left and keep changing to something else. I just copied and pasted them. Send me an email if you want them.

Ok... so here is a site with the low down on how to repurpose the heated washer switch:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=135653

I guess the switch is a momentary switch and needs a latching relay in order to hook it to anything you want to stay on.

OR if you wanted to hook up train horns you would be set... lol

kbuskill

Reaction score
After considering what this switch could be used for in its current iteration (momentary switch) I think it would be cool to use it to pop the rear hatch glass.

That is the one feature I was surprised this vehicle didn't have. It has a switch to open the whole hatch but nothing inside to pop just the glass.

The only thing that sucks about this idea is that I would have to run a wire from the actuator all the way to the front of the truck. Not a big deal just more hassle than what it may be worth.

Anyway just a thought... why don't some of you post up your ideas for what you would use this switch for.

Originally I was thinking of using it to power my new 42" LED light bar that I will be installing behind the grill and I still may use it for that.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 days since last refuel and 14.5 mpg now. Babying it, not revving past 2,500 rpms mostly, running the speed limit. Staying away from idling situations and heavy traffic. Tires at 41 psi cold. BFG says to put them at 50 psi. Keep forgetting to do the chalk test, but keep forgetting where I put the chalk!

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To 14.9 mpg this afternoon, 125 or so miles since refueling. Always remote start from cold and today got in only a few minutes after it started running, the CEL came on soon after, same old right side cat (P0430). Hooked the Tech2 upon returning home and cleared the code and reset fuel and fuel pump trims to zero then went for a drive. The Long Term Trims are around 1.0 so that means slightly lean. Upon reflection, it seems this driving off while the motor has yet to reach operating temp is the condition for triggering the code.

It's finally cool out now, time to find time to get some things done on this truck.

Going to have to deal with that cat sooner or later. First comes the oil change, plugs and wires and grease gun to the chassis and grease the splines on the propellers as GM calls them and check the u-joints. Have the Gruven parts for the mirrors and new interior door handles and engine oil cooler lines and probably some other things collecting dust under the work bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345