Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My work van with the 4l80 is at least a qt over--if not a little more. It's shifting a little hard, but all the gears are there. Has 125,000 on it. I can't afford to blow this one up.

Was it you that had a guy tell you it liked extra?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes, but I never understood why. Mine own thinking at the time as a kid doesn't make sense now, that the extra fluid increased the pressure on the system somehow. That kid (me) didn't know what he was talking about! Neither do I!
Guess I need to pull out a qt. It almost seems like it has a shift kit in it. Really firm shifts when I'm driving.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a little pump that driven by my cordless drill. It was from Sears or Craftsman and made for all kinds of fluids. Got lost in a move. I used it to pull fluid from a car's transmission through the dipstick, worked great. Bought the Harbor Freight equivalent and it leaked all over the place; can't remember the original's name or maker.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a little pump that driven by my cordless drill. It was from Sears or Craftsman and made for all kinds of fluids. Got lost in a move. I used it to pull fluid from a car's transmission through the dipstick, worked great. Bought the Harbor Freight equivalent and it leaked all over the place; can't remember the original's name or maker.
That would be nice. My pan does have a drain plug, but it's still messy.