Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went out to rotate tires and change oil and of course.... no filter in my stock.... off to auto parts store. 5 minute drive... lets seeewhat i get it up to

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, i got home from autoparts store and had to go drop my son off at his friends house, pulled into garage after that and was @ 13.5... no pic....but geez, she really puts her foot in it. Well, if it doesn’t last its not my fault....i can only maintain something so much.
Oil changed and tires rotated an gave everything the once over.... damn rusty frame...
I never really am in a vehicle when she drives because i always drive, its a guy thing i guess.
I do remember a time, years ago before kids, we had the harleys on the trailer and were driving out to see here cousins near Dallas TX and my ‘01 Tahoe had to be almost new. It had no third row at the time and with the second row down and a few sleeping bags it was pretty comfortable...anyway, she was driving and next thing i know my knees are in my chest and im up against the second row headrest and front seats because she locked them brskes up hard, then i was at the back doors because she floored it... needless to say i dont sleep if she drives on our Florida trips... at all

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D

Heres from last night, 93 octane. still doesnt launch all that great,Abs/stabilitrac/traction control isnt happy :eek:
May try and pull a few fuses before i go back to see if it helps. I think track is shut down untill january tho

View attachment 188894

went to track again last night after a little bit of suspension mod... only got a few runs in but consistently better than before. first run of the night beat my previous best (car# 6674). need some new tires
20180224_151326.jpg

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered up the Magnaflow Y-Pipe with new cats and resonator and completed the install over the weekend. We started on Thursday and thought we'd be done in a couple of hours. Had a tough time cutting through the stainless after exhausting ourselves on getting some stuck bolts freed up. Got the left side cat off but could not get the right. Tried cutting away the flange, that didn't work too well. Tried loosening the sway bar and busted a bolt head off, tried cutting out another section and that just exhausted me. Called a guy with a Chevy work truck and races a Nova, turns out he's a Ford fan and liked to insult GM/Chevrolet owners. He quoted a price and did most of the work, wimped out on that busted bolt. Won't be allowed to touch my truck again. This is why I learned to do all this myself. Anyway, enough of that.

Drives, fine, seems quieter, maybe slower but can't really tell. There's too much traffic to get on it around here. Reset the fuel composition a couple of times and the Trims. Left bank reads as before, slight negative but the right side is higher than before, about -6 on LTFTs. I need to crawl back underneath and look for exhaust leaks and then check the intake manifold bolts I guess. Fuel mileage wants to climb higher but this old man idles the truck while the girls run inside for "just one thing" and emerge 3 or 4 or 5 songs later with bags of stuff.

All of the O2 sensors dance around but maybe they should get replaced. I'll feel better when that busted bolt is out and replaced and I get a chance to check out the guy's work underneath and resolve that fuel trim issue.

And how about this, one of the Load Range C KO2s has a nail in it, down to 41 psi. I was really hoping to avoid road hazards with these tires! Well, it's time for a rotation/balance anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC