URGENT FEEDBACK NEEDED - Extremely Stiff Ride (vibration) on 2017 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up truck today. All shocks were replaced and it drives substantially better - not near as stiff. Technician said this is likely only a band aid - that they will stiffen up over time and it will likely go back to the way it was. Yet again I was told "this is what you get when you get a vehicle with MRC". That is really NOT what I want to continue to hear! Number one, it is a standard feature on a Denali XL so it's not like I had an option and number two there is no disclaimer whatsoever anywhere about the implications of having a vehicle with MRC (VERY stiff ride)! Had I known, I would have never bought this truck. And again, GMC could have easily remedied this with a couple of electronic suspension settings rather than it being only a default. Enough ranting from me...we'll see what happens. I will update everyone periodically.

My SWB denali has MRC and I hate it. Ride blows. Its the only reason I ordered 20" wheels for it instead of the standard 22's.

But I gotta ask...Didnt you realize how ****** the ride was when you test drove it? I did but I was willing to suffer through it because for me the pros outweighed the few cons...

OP
OP
J

Jeremyf0923

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But I gotta ask...Didnt you realize how ****** the ride was when you test drove it? I did but I was willing to suffer through it because for me the pros outweighed the few cons...

It drove great for first several thousand miles - estimated 6K. Tech said that is not uncommon - that suspension stiffens up over time. Each truck is different regarding how long it takes. So no, had it driven like this from day one I would have never bought it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It drove great for first several thousand miles - estimated 6K. Tech said that is not uncommon - that suspension stiffens up over time. Each truck is different regarding how long it takes. So no, had it driven like this from day one I would have never bought it.

Interesting. I agree with you, I wish they had added adjustments to it like with the esky

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing but BS there, I have a 11 avalanche with over 100k still working/driving/riding great with OEM MRC, my escalade ones were killing by shipping company transporting it with 70k on that

OP
OP
J

Jeremyf0923

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nothing but BS there, I have a 11 avalanche with over 100k still working/driving/riding great with OEM MRC, my escalade ones were killing by shipping company transporting it with 70k on that

What are you implying? That there is a fix for this, service department just hasn't found it yet? Maybe old shocks were damaged and these new ones won't stiffen like originals did?

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I'll say is you think you have problems now.... wait till it hits 40k your just at the tip of the iceburg. When ours hit about 45k miles it started having a sharp vibration that would carry through the truck way after you hit a bump. The dealer took care of that when they replaced the transmission at 50,000 miles. The truck has been going south since the 40k mark and talking to other people they have similar experinaces. I almost wonder if the Denali package was a mistake it seems as though these are the WORST of the crop. I can't even remember all the problems this truck has had because it has has too many. I apologize for all the negative attitude.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

huh?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 2011 Avalanche doesn't have MRC. And what you said about your Escalade doesn't make any sense.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 2011 Avalanche doesn't have MRC. And what you said about your Escalade doesn't make any sense.
I've seen it in other threads. If a tow or transportation company winches the vehicle down too tight it'll damage the sensors in the shock that put it in stiff mode. The vehicle will stay in that mode leading to poor ride quality.

Look it up. There are several threads out there in the internet.

Doesn't happen to me but it seems practical enough.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094