Upgrading door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally understand! For many, simple deadening is more than enough to make and keep them happy. For others, it's at least a gauge of how much farther they might wanna go. And its a good start to any upgrade anyway. I find myself scaling back how much effort / time / money into my stereo nowadays, so I totally get that.
im in same boat as u guys I probably put same into my audio as I have my truck and now that I gotten older and got a family it’s no where near as important anymore

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi all - sorry I don't mean to bump up a dead thread. I just bought a 2015 Yukon Denali and trying to learn what is an easy upgrade and what's not worth it... Coming from a Ram 1500 where I always upgraded the factory speakers (have had 4 of them), one thing learned was the factory audio was always crossed over and really limited what you benefited from - especially the front door speakers.

So, the question is on the Yukon (or at least 2015+ models), are the front door speakers truly 3 way or are they already crossed over and limited on what sound is actually sent by the factory unit?

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just upgraded my 2015 SLT with Bose by adding Infinity Kappa 6x9 in the front door and 6.5 in the back door. I bought both from Crutchfield after visiting their show room in Virginia (I happened to be near there for business and their testing room for speakers is computer simulated and incredible). The sound is much improved, both range and soundstage. The Infinitys are 2ohm speakers so they work well with the Bose amp and there is no discernible power loss. Most speakers are four ohms but the Bose systems are either 1 or 2 ohm amps, so the 4 ohm speakers display a great deal of power loss.

I have not upgraded the dash or the back pillars and would love to know if anyone has had luck with those.

boosting1bar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not upgraded the dash or the back pillars and would love to know if anyone has had luck with those.

My truck is getting built right now, had a long discussion with the guys at the shop that do all my work (over 20 cars now) and they suggested not bothering with the dash. They said there are options but that you don't really get any great improvement and certainly not for the cost involved unless you're going for a competition staging set up which I'm certainly not. As for rear pillars they were pretty unimpressed there too. We decided on fronts, rears, sound deadening and sub for starters and if not enough swap out the rear pillars down the road based on previous builds etc. I think with the fronts and rears like you did you get far and away the most bang for your buck and adding the dash and rear pillars is like going from 900 to 950hp. Yeah you can do it, but is the cost worth it for the negligible benefit lol

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded my 2015 SLT with Bose by adding Infinity Kappa 6x9 in the front door and 6.5 in the back door. I bought both from Crutchfield after visiting their show room in Virginia (I happened to be near there for business and their testing room for speakers is computer simulated and incredible). The sound is much improved, both range and soundstage. The Infinitys are 2ohm speakers so they work well with the Bose amp and there is no discernible power loss. Most speakers are four ohms but the Bose systems are either 1 or 2 ohm amps, so the 4 ohm speakers display a great deal of power loss.

Interesting. The sound in these trucks is a muddy mess. Are you happy with the upgrade? How much did it cost and how hard is the install? Pretty plug and play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14