Upgrading door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade my speakers in my 2015 ppv. Checking crutchfield I can fit 6.5, 6-3/4, and 6x9. Anyone done this yet and can help me choose the right size and speaker? I am leaning towards kicker and infinity, if you think differently I'm all ears. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil25101

Reaction score
I upgraded my doors to the Kicker KSC 6x9 three ways fronts, and 6.75 two way rears. They sound good but need more power. I did this in anticipation of the KIcker PSUTA15 coming out and adding the amp from that system. I already have the Kicker sub as well and it’s pkenty of bass for the Truck. In fact, I wish it had a volume control to turn it down.
If your not adding an amp dont waist your money and save the $$$ for another project. If your adding amps then it’s all on your budget for speakers JL, Focal, lots of choices to match to the amp power.

OP
OP
R

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input bud! I don't think I will be adding Amps in the future, just want a slightly better sounding system. How much better does the kicker system sound than stock would you say? Not worth a couple hundred bucks?

Phil25101

Reaction score
Yes better, but you might want to go down a step on the Kicker’s to the CS Coaxial 6x9 three ways are only 100 bucks and with crutchfield the wirering and surrounds are free.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes better, but you might want to go down a step on the Kicker’s to the CS Coaxial 6x9 three ways are only 100 bucks and with crutchfield the wirering and surrounds are free.
It the DS lower or higher quality than the CS?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few months back, I was thinking about upgrading my speakers. I was reminded that perhaps a simpler route to better sound was damping my doors with Dynamat (or similar). I bought a door kit for about $50 and treated my four doors with it in under two hours.

Results are noticeable, especially mid-bass response, but the whole sound experience is clearer, more dynamic, and much more present. Seems almost as if I added a good amp to the system.

Food for thought.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I start any audio upgrade, first thing I do is deaden and then closed cell foam over it. Then listen again and go from there. Like you mention, sometimes a good deadening can make you happy....for the time being.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I start any audio upgrade, first thing I do is deaden and then closed cell foam over it. Then listen again and go from there. Like you mention, sometimes a good deadening can make you happy....for the time being.

I'm no audiophile, and I stopped spending much money on car audio 20 years ago, so my opinion and experience may not match yours. But I'm pleased with the results of my inexpensive experiment and feel no need to do anything else.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no audiophile, and I stopped spending much money on car audio 20 years ago, so my opinion and experience may not match yours. But I'm pleased with the results of my inexpensive experiment and feel no need to do anything else.

I totally understand! For many, simple deadening is more than enough to make and keep them happy. For others, it's at least a gauge of how much farther they might wanna go. And its a good start to any upgrade anyway. I find myself scaling back how much effort / time / money into my stereo nowadays, so I totally get that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos