Upgrading 2015 Tahoe HMI Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevmaro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI Gents,

I am 2015 Tahoe LT owner and I am planning to upgrade Mylink system by replacing HMI Module Multimedia Infotainment by the new one comes with 2016 models to get benefits of the new features like smartphone mirroring through carplay.

I would ask that is it matter of just remove the old HMI and install the new one (Plug & Play) or needs some programming????

Another important thing, I don't have video in feature in my car, I have only Bluetooth, USP, SD slot, Aux with navigation. Can you help me for what harnesses are needed to add video in feature? because the new HMI module which programmed by carplay already support this feature.

Hopefully you can help me for this modification.

Thank You,

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mirror image? Factory?
I just got a 2016 and I been trying the mirror image and nothing. What I seen is a hack for the unit. Is not standard.
On the 2017 yes. I believe even the rear screens will be mirror image and HDMI.

OP
OP
Chevmaro

Chevmaro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mirror image? Factory?
I just got a 2016 and I been trying the mirror image and nothing. What I seen is a hack for the unit. Is not standard.
On the 2017 yes. I believe even the rear screens will be mirror image and HDMI.

I have checked 2016 models in Saudi Arabia and they have this feature (mirroring images or videos) and working fine weather for IOS or Android.