Upgraded the 2005 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay R Lawson

Reaction score
Upgrading my stock exhaust to a master flow force II catback. And took the advice and also picked up an air raid jr. Any opinions?

O5Denali

Reaction score
Some people like an exhaust some dont. I had an airraid full kit on a 6.0L 2500 sierra and it was great. Quiet when in traffic but a nice rumble when you punch it. My last truck was a 1500 sierra with an airraid jr. and exhaust tip (3 to 4" I believe) and its a little annoying in traffic... highway drone... The kit you have sounds pretty good actually.

For my 05 denali I'll just be adding the airaid jr. kit to keep my sanity (highway drone)

MikeLade

Reaction score
I'd steer clear of any Flowmaster exhaust based on interior noise. A packed muffler will keep the drone to a minimum as long as you don't dump it under the truck.

I have a Magnaflow 22" under my Escalade and it doesn't drone at all but gets pretty noisy at WOT. Mine is combined with an s&b full intake system.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a flowmaster 50 series muffler (It`s the same size as the 50 SUV muffler only an inch thinner) on a custom dual side outlet catback with 3 inch pipe from the cat to the muffler with 2-1/2 inch tails with 4x16 inch tips with no drone at all. I can do 85 with the radio on and have a quiet conversation with anyone in the back seat. It`s the smaller flowmaster mufflers like the 40 series that will drive you crazy with drone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan