Upgrade rear suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

picinisco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am towing a 26ft travel trailer with my 2007 Tahoe and need to upgrade the rear springs. I have installed an Airlift 1000 Bag kit and find it useless. It was supposed to be easy to install but it wasn't. It leaked initially at one bag due to a bad clamp. After replacing the clamp which was not an easy job, the system held air for 100 miles.I do not want to screw with these bags anymore. Are there upgraded springs that I can swap out that will help with the sag that the equaliser bars are not taking out.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am towing a 26ft travel trailer with my 2007 Tahoe and need to upgrade the rear springs. I have installed an Airlift 1000 Bag kit and find it useless. It was supposed to be easy to install but it wasn't. It leaked initially at one bag due to a bad clamp. After replacing the clamp which was not an easy job, the system held air for 100 miles.I do not want to screw with these bags anymore. Are there upgraded springs that I can swap out that will help with the sag that the equaliser bars are not taking out.

You could go to Z71 springs if you don't already have them.

OP
OP
picinisco

picinisco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since this Tahoe already has the tow package, I can only assume that it has HD springs like Z71. Will changing the shocks to coilovers get me what I need. Or will air shocks do the same.

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you have the normal springs, but didn't you have the self-leveling shocks (nivomat) ? I thought they are standard with the towing package

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Since this Tahoe already has the tow package, I can only assume that it has HD springs like Z71. Will changing the shocks to coilovers get me what I need. Or will air shocks do the same.

The tow package does not imply Z71 springs. The Z71 is an off road package.