2002 LT Music Daily - One Story Ends and Another Begins...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found these forums, while looking for info on a CAI, exhaust, tune and some other things.

I've been into car audio for about 5 years, and bought this vehicle initially to compete with, but I'm finding that it's turning more into a daily driver now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hated the OEM 16" rims, and the tires that were on there. Too much gap in the wheel well, plus they just looked weird.

My intent was to get 20s or 22s, but I couldn't find any with aggressive enough tread in my budget. Since this is a daily driver in Michigan and I travel a lot during the winter, reliability was more important than looks.

After I sold the set that came with the Tahoe, my dad generously sold me his OEM Silverado 18s + tires

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point the vehicle started looking a little more presentable, but still need a few more touches.

Grabbed 2 cans of Plasti-Dip and took to the rims. Also purchased some smoked tail lights and black covers for the back of the mirrors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vehicle came with a DVD player, which I knew would just rattle loose, so I pulled it out preemptively.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased some A-Pillars from a good friend, but cracked my windshield while installing them...

Custom built fiberglass pillars from Jecar Audio in Texas, with Discovery Scanspeak 10F/8424G, 4" 8 ohm midranges

These little guys really surprised me with how loud, clean, and crisp they could get, just off head unit power!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the 8 runs of wire that I needed in the front (2 runs for the 6.5s, 1 for the a-pillars, 1 for voltmeter, 1 for remote wire, and 3 RCAs), I was able to fit them all under the trim pieces on the right side of the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I don't personally know how to fiberglass, I took the easy way out and grabbed some dual 6.5" pods from MyCustomSpeakerPod (Brandon), for $138 shipped.

For 1/8" ABS plastic, they're really flimsy, so I added some deadener to sturdy them up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts