Unusal Inner LR Tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevs10zr2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my tires rotated in July, and had all normal wear on them. I went to go rotate them this last week (approximately 4,000 miles) and the driver side rear tire is wearing faster than the rest of the tire. Air pressure was fine.

I run 22 inch Nitto 305/45/22's it. Right side rear tire is fine.

I've searched and most unusal tire wear happens on the front. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

IMG_0234.jpg

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be three things:

1. They wore that way on the front and it is just now being noticed--I have done this before.

2. Tire issue--inside of tire has softer rubber and is wearing faster.

3. (Unlikely but possible) bent axle housing/bearing issue/rear axle issue causing excess camber or toe and wearing inside of tire on that side.

My vote is number 1. Has the alignment and thrust angle been checked lately?

OP
OP
C

chevs10zr2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I had them rotated in July, there was no wear on that tire. The tire that's on the LF now (that was previously on the left rear in July, right before I had them rotated) has no inside wear.

#3 sounds possible, but I didnt think there was much to do on the rear with these in terms of alignment. I havent done an alignment (yet), only because I figured focus on aligments on the Tahoe's is generally up front. Maybe that's not correct though?

Could it be the rear control arms? If so, would would I be looking for ya think?

edit: changed from RF, to LF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout