Unprogramed gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kev63rods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven't got any hits on my other post so now I'm wondering what happens if I pull a gauge cluster from a friend's ride and stick in mine for testing? Will it work at all without reprogramming? Mine quits all the time and suspect it's probably not the cluster but would be the easiest to test and fix at this point if I can try a different one without having to reprogram it at the dealer

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty common to fail like that. My son sent his off to a rebuilder outfit that repaired it, put all new lamps too. This is the place we sent his:

OP
OP
K

kev63rods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You think it's a bad gauge cluster? The back lighting PRNDL, and message center all work and never quit, just all the gauges and all at the same time. Just opening the door or putting the key in the ignition will make the gauges twitch and make all kinds of noise from the stepper motors. I've been digging everywhere to find anyone who has had this problem and I can't find anything. I assume the BCM controls the cluster? Checked all the connectors for pin alignment and corrosion and didn't find anything at the BCM. The cruise also is hit or miss and mostly miss but it will set and stay set even if the gauges quit. Changed brake switch and checked bulbs with no luck. Would be happy at this point to have either gauges or cruise. If the only thing that will be not right on the cluster if not reprogram it is the mileage I'm good with that. Don't plan on selling any time soon and miles don't really matter after 250xxx lol. It's a $700 ride that I put 5 miles a day on but need to go on a long trip with soon and just got back from one and it was terrible looking at the phone all the time to check speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia