Unlimited OnStar WiFi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgball

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I called. Asked about the new unlimited plans vs what I already have they moved my 3 iPhones my iPad Pro and my Escalade all to one plan. All unlimited data and calling including Canada and Mexico. Maybe 20 minutes I spent on the phone. I was on hold like 15 minutes waiting to talk to someone. It helps if you have the phone number to your truck and iPad if you want to add them.
Where can I find the number to my truck? I never had calling minutes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push the blue OnStar button. It will say "OnStar ready" ask it your phone number.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I just went on the Onstar website and added the unlimited data through Onstar for $20. I was tired of dealing with AT&T and getting nowhere. It's the same thing as its been said before

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

khiroshima

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, for those of you that have unlimited data on your phones, why not just make your phone a hotspot and let folks in your car use your phone's unlimited data and save the OnStar $20/mo? Seems like an easy solution and sidesteps another bill . . . Just a thought, KH

dgball

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, for those of you that have unlimited data on your phones, why not just make your phone a hotspot and let folks in your car use your phone's unlimited data and save the OnStar $20/mo? Seems like an easy solution and sidesteps another bill . . . Just a thought, KH
I will speak for AT&T's unlimited data plus plan. My tethering is limited to 10GB/mo.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
They don't let you use your phone as a hot spot if you have unlimited data which is why. And you also get much better reception with the antenna being on the roof

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus for some reason it's a bit slower when you use your phone as a hot spot. For the extra $20 a month, it's worth it to me. I have an Apple TV installed in my truck so I stream movies and music videos on the go.

khiroshima

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it, thanks-- I guess I should have figured AT&T is smarter than I am . . . :)

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I also have Apple TV and Android TV in my vehicle as well. It's great for my kid's! And for me during football season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt