unknown connector: brake controller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View media item 26282
Does anyone recognize this? It is located where one might expect a brake controller. It is mounted on the bottom of the knee bolster, just right of the steering column. I have yet to trace the wiring. I've only followed it as far as where it disappears above another module just above this location.

Larry

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's try this again... (I completely didn't see the "upload a file" below!)

Here it is:

CPA_DSC1238.jpg

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea.
Maybe look at wire color and see if the wires come out the main grommet into the engine bay near the steering shaft. If not the just trace them and see where it goes to.

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure that's what I'm going to have to do ultimately. I am just hoping that some one happens to have the same connector, or recognizes it.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best bet, pull it off and look on the back for any numbers you can google, I did that with a mystery alarm system on our denali and was able to pull up the exact model and specs on it!

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, great idea! I'll try that when I get a chance.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake controller on mine is a white, square-ish plastic block connector that is underneath a black cover. The black cover is held on by an octagonal black plastic knob. It is under the steering wheel and a bit to the left IIRC.

I agree with others, that looks like some kind of aftermarket thing. Maybe a radar detector?