UNDERHOOD FUSEBOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
Is there a write up for removing and cleaning the connectors? My 08 is having the chaotic electrical issue.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is impossible to help with these posts. Please tell us more so we can help you. Have any abnormalities happened recently? What are the symptoms? What has been customized from stock? What is the problem? What have you tested already?

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
i apologize. My stock 08 PPV is having intermittent power loss at start up. It can go days without a problem then back to back issues where turning the key does nothing. Or lights flicker, gauges move up and down then settle. I unhooked and cleaned the distribution block by battery which did have a loose connection and seemed to remedy the problem for a bit. Then a few days ago it did similar thing, but fired up on second attempt.

I read that pulling underhood fusebox revealed corrosion issues. Just looking for some pics or advice.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean all your grounds first. Battery, chassis and engine. I had a similar issue and the grounds were the problem.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had ground issues becuse I did the big 5 dual battery upgrade. But I had a connection problem at the ECM on the drivers side inner fender. I started the car and wiggled the hell out of the 2 or 3 huge plugs and the car died. I sprayed the hell out of them with contact cleaner and then put lots of dielectric grease on the plugs. That was probably 3 years ago. Also, it might be a good idea to do every single plug on the car like this. Corrosion will happen but this will definitely slow it down.