Under seat storage solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codywcarlton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 99 Tahoe and I’ve been wanting to add some sort of under seat storage in the rear seats but can’t seem to find any that are made for 99 Tahoe’s, mainly because of how the seats fold forward instead of toward the rear. I have however seen “underseat sub boxes” so I know there is enough space under seats to be possible. I’m handy at diy and last resort I’m gonna have to make it from scratch out of wood, but was curious if anyone else had a solution I hadn’t considered yet. Any help appreciated thanks

JBLeeds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 95 and I would love under seat storage also! Hoping people have some ideas out there!

OP
OP
C

Codywcarlton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
F092FA33-659F-442F-B70D-31C3EE203F0F.jpeg BA843F51-EECD-469F-9C5D-A74C5DF5B2A5.jpeg A0BB91B2-FBDB-41EA-8B4B-9FDD3F04C21A.jpegBased on these pictures of “underseat sub boxes” I know it’s possible to make a wooden box to spec and have it clear the seats. I will probably just do this. If so I’ll post some plans and pix

OP
OP
C

Codywcarlton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe some odd company does, just did a quick google search for “99 tahoe underseat” and that’s the closest I could find to what I want so I figure I’ll just make my own frame to those specs and make it more usable for storage than speakers

JBLeeds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. Hoping you post how you did it with measurements included!