ugh wheel cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bjballar41

bjballar41

Reaction score
well we changed one wheel cylinder and discovered the dumbass who had it before us put ten inch shoes in instead of 11 inch so gotta change those and gonna change other wheel cylinder and front pads while we are at it. any suggestions on pads for the front its the gfs truck really i want her to get a nice set like the hawks but she says no since they are more expensive lol are they worth the money?

OP
OP
bjballar41

bjballar41

Reaction score
ok so i guess i was wrong. so we got ready to do the swap to fix the drum brakes and discovered that they had the wrong damn drum on there so we replaced that replaced the front pads it works ten times better stops alot better but the peddle still wants to go to the floor like it goes to far. we bleed them twice and it still does it. any suggestions?

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got air in there some place Brock. Try this out. Push the emergency/parking brake pedal down till it stops. Leaving it locked in place now push your brake pedal down. Does it still want to go to the floor? If it now does not (you actually feel like it won't go to the floor) then there is air in the line. If your brake pedal does go to the floor even with the emergency/parking brake pedal locked down, then your system is not holding pressure. That means you gotta check the entire system stem to stern including your master cylinder and the vacuum boost.

OP
OP
bjballar41

bjballar41

Reaction score
well the emergency break doesnt even work lol they cut it before i got the tahoe.