Turn signal problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Strongheart2012

Strongheart2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm almost pretty sure it's in my turn signal light. I unplugged right led side of the lamp and installed factory bulb and everything works fine now

OP
OP
Strongheart2012

Strongheart2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes 95 tahoe only light bulbs on it are the hid headlights and side markers

IMG_0269.JPG

BrianBrianBrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're welcome in advance.

I had almost the same crazy thing happening to my lights. It drive me nuts for two years. I replaced bulbs, made sure they all were there correct ones, replaced the entire light housing with new contacts, checked wires for continuity.... Still couldn't figure out why the craziness was happening. I searched the entire internet for answers and one sunny day I started to see a pattern of people replacing their indicator switch on the steering column. In order to fix your problem you need to buy a new cruise control/indicator switch. For some reason this GM part fails over time.

If you still need proof, just read the comments from others that purchased the part on Amazon. You'll start to see a pattern much similar to yours. I did this on my 1998 2dr Tahoe.

APDTY Multi-Function Combination Switch with Turn Signal Wiper Washer Hazard Switch and Cruise Control for Models with Tilt Steering https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS1HOFI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_5VL4yb470AP5H

Part#
26036312, 26047330, 26054727, 26100985, D826A

BrianBrianBrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just now noticed you're using LED? If I recall correctly, in order to use LED bulbs in older model GM trucks you'll need to install several other parts that are needed in order for power continuity to be the correct voltage. LED requires less voltage thus your your current wiring will need some kind of converter. Do your research. I'm pretty sure LED bulbs are not just plug and play on older model vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64