Turn signal problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strongheart2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 and when I try to use my right turn signal, it acts like the hazards are on and all the lights start flashing. Also when I turn my lights on the right hand turn signal light is on in the dash. Left hand turn signal works as it should. I have no clue where to start to fixing this problem.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the first thing I would look at, is the turn signal switch in the column.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would check your bulbs on the right hand side.... If the turn signal filament in one of your bulbs broke and is now making contact with the parking light filament it would back feed power through to the other side making it look like your four ways were on and when the parking lights were turned on it would back feed power through your turn signal wiring and illuminate the indicator on your dash.

Start the truck and turn on the right turn signal and then start pulling bulbs... When it stops flashing both sides you have found your problem.

My 2 cents.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check your bulbs on the right hand side.... If the turn signal filament in one of your bulbs broke and is now making contact with the parking light filament it would back feed power through to the other side making it look like your four ways were on and when the parking lights were turned on it would back feed power through your turn signal wiring and illuminate the indicator on your dash.

Start the truck and turn on the right turn signal and then start pulling bulbs... When it stops flashing both sides you have found your problem.

My 2 cents.
Wow, never had that problem. Makes sense.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
report back what you find if you would. I had a whole mess of issues with my multi function switch. Misbehaving signals, as well as brights coming on during signaling. I replaced the switch, and now on occasion i still get the issue with both signals coming on when i signal right.

OP
OP
Strongheart2012

Strongheart2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so the only bulbs I have for the turn signals are the side markers. One was out changed it and still don't work. Swapped build to other side to make sure bulb was good and checked good.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure about that, under the headlights in the grill you should have signals
This is a 95 tahoe right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14