Turn signal flasher location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00WhiteLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK my issue is I put some LED bulbs in the front turn and park housing. When I use my turn signal they blink fast. The front and back bulbs work so nothing is out but I was told I have to change my flasher to an electrical version flasher. I pulled a location of the flasher and it says it is around the fuse box on the side of the dash. The flasher is clicking but I can't norrow it down as to where it is exactly. Anybody changed it that could give me some help?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to run load resistors on those LEDs. If you wanna go the flasher route, it's under the dash on the driver side. You need to remove the lower dash cover under the steering wheel. I'll try and get a pic for ya. Gimme a bit..

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
You have to run resistors because LED's take almost no power to run, therefore your stystem thinks that there is nothing there or that a light bulb is out; a resistor consumes that power so that your system thinks something is there.

OP
OP

00WhiteLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have to run resistors because LED's take almost no power to run, therefore your stystem thinks that there is nothing there or that a light bulb is out; a resistor consumes that power so that your system thinks something is there.

Do I have to connect the resistors to a certain wire on the turn signal? Do I need to have a certain amount of resistance?

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
Do I have to connect the resistors to a certain wire on the turn signal? Do I need to have a certain amount of resistance?

You can buy small resistors in a pack for cheap and just trial and error from that point cause I can't remember what load the turn signals require/take. You have to connect them to the power wire on your wiring harness leading to the turn signal bulbs.

OP
OP

00WhiteLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can buy small resistors in a pack for cheap and just trial and error from that point cause I can't remember what load the turn signals require/take. You have to connect them to the power wire on your wiring harness leading to the turn signal bulbs.

Thanks, I'll try it out.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The point of LED's is for less power consumption and heat ,longevity and color. it makes more sense to change to an electronic flasher rather than loading down the system with heat producing resistors.just my thoughts.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Old thread revival. Who has the brand and part number for the flasher relay? I found it on advance autos website a month ago, but I've forgot it since then. I really would rather do the relay than resistors if at all possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe