Tuning on a budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using a Bluetooth ODBII scanner and a tuning app like TSX from your phone or tablet?,

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located and what mods have you done for your truck?

OP
OP
TXBowtieGuy

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located and what mods have you done for your truck?

H-town Tejas.
So far only performance mods are muffler delete and K&N filter in Stock airbox. I want to do a cold air and baffle replace but I'm not on board with the open filter under the hood. In my mind that air would not be cold. Looking at some systems that either use stock box or closed box. The only other thing I might do down the road is to supercharge her. Not lookin to be a street outlaw, just an impressive put ya in yer seat.

MrMiller

Reaction score
Quick question here...

Would you recommend doing any tuning on a 5.3L with 230,000 miles? I'd like to get a little bit more power but do not want to harm anything.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as your vehicle is running fine and nothing seems to be skipping or clunking a tune could give you a little bit more power. 230k miles isn't too bad for these engines.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PatG in Houston is one of the best tuners in the nation.

Bc you need PatG to tune a truck with a cold air intake???? Stop drinking the coolaid bud, you know nothing about tuning and your response shows it.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are doing Longtubes and/or a cam I wouldn't worry about tuning. That's just my opinion though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts