Tuning Mag control ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a way To tune the mag control shocks? It seems that these Denali's are the only ones with them that aren't Driver selectable.

I was looking at BMW which uses a similar set up and the Aftermarket has ways to tune theirs to suit your driving needs.

I would love to be able to both soften up the shocks for daily as well as tighten them up for towing etc.

Maybe something not so chattery for fire roads etc.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. I'll be listening in on this thread. A couple of weeks ago mine was giving a jarring ride. It was fine the next day. My wife and I took a drive through Gatlinburg yesterday and the ride was mostly great but I would like to soften the ride on some of the roads that got beaten up in the fires. Of course if I was hustling down twisty roads firmer would be good.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The corvettes offer an adjustment switch maybe see how those cars do it then adapt it into the Denali

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The corvettes, the ss, the camaros at just start.

The question is, do any of the full size trucks offer an adjustment switch. And is it a stand alone computer that runs the suspension. Because you would need more than a switch. You need the computer that has the algorithms programmed in.

I guess if we wired in the computer and switch from a car (vette etc) we would need someone who is smart at writing code to adapt a valve spec. That would be fairly easy to get the spec, but then to translate that to the code...

And that's all dependent on the suspension having its own stand alone, which I would assume it does considering some tahoes/denalis do not come with it.

wot_denali

Reaction score
Get rid of those shocks and have bilstins,I just change my rear shocks for trial and I am in my way to order new bilstins 4600 or 5100 shocks all 4 ways. The dealer install resistors in the rear shocks to bypass the suspension dashboard message and it works. Ten years ago when I bought my x Yukon denali I made the same, those cars are trucks not sedans so comfort is a majority.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have control of the magnetic shocks and be able to adjust them based upon my usage.

Jorgez28

Reaction score
Escalade have a touring and a sport mode button. Wonder if the others already have the code in the computer. Then it's just a matter of how to activate it.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What years escalate have it?