Tuning headaches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trickster29

Reaction score
I've been trying for a while to get the sound I want on my speakers. Here's my setup. Wondering if anyone else has any ideas on how to help

2002 Chevy Suburban

Pioneer AVIC-X850BT

Morel Virtus 602 Componaut setup in front doors. Passive setup

JL AUDIO 8W7 ported.

No setup in rear doors (yet)

Alpine 7 band Parametric EQ

Phenoix Gold ZX450 (very old amp) in bridged mode for both rear and front. (running each side of Virtus 602s so they get potentially 250W each. Probably closer to there RMS (140W) with the gain I'm using)

Kenwood Excelon XR600-1 driving W7

I have no real issues with the 8W7 other then rattle in the car which I'm working on.

As for the speakers no matter what I do. Cymbals seem to harsh. Or instrumental beats like "boots and cats boots and cats" where the "cats" part of the beat will sound to harsh. Some of the instrumental producers tags will sound to harsh too. Especially at higher volumes. I've ran the auto eq a million times in multiple positions. And it never seems to be able to remove it. Played with the parametric EQ fixes some of the other issues but it still lingers.

I came from a knockoff Focal set (bought it from a unauthorized dealer gave me the 165V20 but I never find any information on them so I doubt they are legit) . And they were much worse at these freqencies at high volumes. But the problem is still there with the virtus set.

These problems don't appear on other audio equipment I have. So I'm really lost at what to try next. I have a 60 day return on the Morels if I cannot figure it out. To try another set. But I'm not the smartest with this stuff. And was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what to do next. Especially helpful if you can tell me what EQ freqency I can change to try to solve this issue. Or just any suggestion in general helps.

Too add more examples. Like clapping sounds sound too harsh. Some parts of electronic music related to the clapping sounds. Just in general that general area

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic