Tuning and AFRs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys able to log AFRs on a stock vehicle when tuning or does the customer need to have a wideband installed for that?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want actual AFR, a wideband is needed but it will make zero difference in the tune on a stock/mildly modified vehicle.

OP
OP
dross99_si

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jenna. Just making sure that you guys will be able to tune safely and accurately if I don't have a wideband installed. Hopefully we can do this in person tune in the next few weeks. I've been in contact with Jarrad.
Can you think of anything I need to do in preperation for the appointment? I want to have everything squared away and the vehicle 100% ready for the tuning appointment.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So long as your vehicle is in good mechanical condition, you are good to go. Be sure to have the octane you plan on using with the tune, in the tank.

But some things you may consider: clean your MAF and throttle body, check your spark plugs/wires.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want actual AFR, a wideband is needed but it will make zero difference in the tune on a stock/mildly modified vehicle.

What would you consider mildly modified? I have a cam, intake lt headers and full exhaust with 44lb injectors in my lq4. I feel like my truck is running rich. I don't know if mine would still be considered mild, but do wonder if adding a wideband is worth it for me. I have an autocal also...can a datalog show if I need less fueling?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What would you consider mildly modified? I have a cam, intake lt headers and full exhaust with 44lb injectors in my lq4. I feel like my truck is running rich. I don't know if mine would still be considered mild, but do wonder if adding a wideband is worth it for me. I have an autocal also...can a datalog show if I need less fueling?
You can always add a wideband, the AutoCal can actually collect the data from it as well.

Sent from my fone.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always add a wideband, the AutoCal can actually collect the data from it as well.

Sent from my fone.
Hey @JennaBear I have picked up an AEM 30-0300X wideband. Can u offer any pointers as far as installing the wideband for data logging? Can't seem to find anything confirming how I connect to the pcm so the Autocal can collect data. only a conversion rate for voltage output.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts