TUNED !!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
well finially finished. 6.0 LQ9 and rebuilt 4L65 and dyno tunned. 288 to the rear wheels on 89 octain. I am sure I can get more but for a daily driver and family mover I was happy with it optimized. It is a far far far more power than the 5.3. In the tune I got all the normal timing,fuel trim adjusted, shift points and line pressure boosted,took the speed limiter off,raised the rev limiter,no torque management, Vatts removed and the Efans turned on so all I have to do is plug them in to the computer. I think that was all. Runs and drives like a new truck. So for the Canadians in the Toronto area Champion motor sports is where I got it done. The answered every question and let me help and watch with every step. Keven was an amazing guy there. I have a video but can't up load it. Crapp

liftedtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well finially finished. 6.0 LQ9 and rebuilt 4L65 and dyno tunned. 288 to the rear wheels on 89 octain. I am sure I can get more but for a daily driver and family mover I was happy with it optimized. It is a far far far more power than the 5.3. In the tune I got all the normal timing,fuel trim adjusted, shift points and line pressure boosted,took the speed limiter off,raised the rev limiter,no torque management, Vatts removed and the Efans turned on so all I have to do is plug them in to the computer. I think that was all. Runs and drives like a new truck. So for the Canadians in the Toronto area Champion motor sports is where I got it done. The answered every question and let me help and watch with every step. Keven was an amazing guy there. I have a video but can't up load it. Crapp

Glad to see everthing went well! How much hp u got at the crank? What all mods are done to the engine or is it completely stock?

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I have a few small mods left. They will retune for free. The guy was telling me I should have 370-390 to the crank. Factory Hp is 345. Not too I think it's up that high but it feels good.

liftedtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few small mods left. They will retune for free. The guy was telling me I should have 370-390 to the crank. Factory Hp is 345. Not too I think it's up that high but it feels good.

I bet it feels like a ton compared to the stocker! Nice work buddy!

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I bet it feels like a ton compared to the stocker! Nice work buddy!
It moves as quick as a Civic now. LOL hit the pedal and Gone......

Yeah Way better, I think there may have been something wrong in the old motor but hard to tell cause it ran so good, but no power,It was a dog on the high way

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
5.3 city miliage 11.5-13mpg high way 13-15.5 summer
6.0 with 5.3 tune 16.7mpg on the high way and 14 in the city. After the tune 16.5-16.7 so far on the highway @ 80 mph :driver:and no report on the city yet. on the Dyno it was down to 14.7, Obviously :head3:
More power and a bit more miliage and a Hell of alot more FUN factor !! Thats a win for me!:boti::party36::party36::party36::party36::signs1:I have a trip this weekend and can't wait to have some fun with it. should be about 800km round trip.:rocking:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep