Tuned in Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another quick question is that here in Harris Co they do a 10% ethanol blend in the fuel, has anyone else noticed an issue with their tune?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
You can remove it in either setting. Haven't noticed anything negative using Harris Co gas.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my Diablosport tuner. Does anyone know if the AFM disable is part of the canned tune or you have to do it as a custom tune? I don't plan on going wild, just want to plug in the 87 octane tune and AFM disable, with 130,000 miles I don't want to stress anything out.
Unless it has changed in the last couple of years, AFM disable is not a "custom" tune item - it has it's own option selection. Doesn't Diablo have instructions on their website - maybe a definitive answer there.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on where in TX you are - I have a great guy in Katy that will pass damn near anything as long as no lights on the dash. Doesnt care about tint.
If the stations are checking tint do they use a meter? I haven't seen any stations in the Austin area with light meters.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless it has changed in the last couple of years, AFM disable is not a "custom" tune item - it has it's own option selection. Doesn't Diablo have instructions on their website - maybe a definitive answer there.
After I had posted this, I managed to get with one of their sales consultants and he told me the procedure I should follow. Thanks for the reply.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my Diablosport tuner. Does anyone know if the AFM disable is part of the canned tune or you have to do it as a custom tune? I don't plan on going wild, just want to plug in the 87 octane tune and AFM disable, with 130,000 miles I don't want to stress anything out.

How do you like your Diablosport tuner? Which one did you order? I'm interested in a tuner for my 2016 Tahoe LTZ.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Diablosport I2 Tuner for GM. i2030 is the model number I believe. I did the Advanced Tune option and selected the 87 octane and DOD disable. So far so good. I may switch to the 93 tune in a few months. There isn't much difference in the 87 tune and stock, I do notice a little more power in the higher RPM ranges like passing gear, but no difference when you barely ease in the throttle. I will see if the 93 octane tune gets a little more responsive.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No CEL = pass. I have 5% tint. When getting an inspection, I wait until a warm day, find of those half seedy-looking used tire places that do inspections, roll the windows down, and unplug the window switch. I've never had a tech ask but, if they do, I just tell them they don't work.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Diablosport I2 Tuner for GM. i2030 is the model number I believe. I did the Advanced Tune option and selected the 87 octane and DOD disable. So far so good. I may switch to the 93 tune in a few months. There isn't much difference in the 87 tune and stock, I do notice a little more power in the higher RPM ranges like passing gear, but no difference when you barely ease in the throttle. I will see if the 93 octane tune gets a little more responsive.

I just ordered this DiabloSport Tuner. I think it's the same as yours. Can't wait to try it out along with this AFE intake. If all goes well, I should have both here and installed by this weekend.