Tune Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
d6d1c7072bb55a81489b878164a278ba.jpg
0f7d42ec6f5c698cb7ff8230068b6618.jpg
1b9769b5f01f1109a45957335b7ea798.jpg
89eef27f309bd46190d52603228b5e7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I just did my plugs and wires last weekend I thought I'd share. I went with MSD wires and NGK iridium plugs. Happy with both. I'll post some pics in a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006HPA0...TF8&colid=1X4YUDKIEIL9Y&coliid=I1H3RTWRMS5FMG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RLU0C...UTF8&colid=1X4YUDKIEIL9Y&coliid=IBA7UFR9PAESV

I actually ordered through Summit though since the plugs were cheaper and no tax!
I went with those MSD Superconductor wires too, and I agree. Very nice wires.

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not to thread jack but I did this 2 weeks ago and now I'm concerned because I put anti-seize on them like I had read and torqued them to 11 ft lbs. i seriously hope I'm not screwed.

on a side note I have an issue I can't remedy. I can't get the passenger side rear spark plug out, I think it's number 8. seriously I have tried 6 different 5/8ths sockets with live swivels, extensions and so on. nothing I do grabs the spark plug. I have done it from the top of the engine, through the wheel well, and from under the Tahoe. I removed the shield from the AC condenser or accumulator not sure but nothing I do can get the socket to slip over the spark plug. I changed the other 7 but can't get that one. I couldn't do the compression test I was trying to do. any thoughts or suggestions. I'm ready to take it to my mechanic but would prefer to get it myself.

thanks and sorry to thread jack.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you used a torque wrench I wouldn't be too worried. Did you try removing the inner fenderwell to try to access it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not to thread jack but I did this 2 weeks ago and now I'm concerned because I put anti-seize on them like I had read and torqued them to 11 ft lbs. i seriously hope I'm not screwed.

on a side note I have an issue I can't remedy. I can't get the passenger side rear spark plug out, I think it's number 8. seriously I have tried 6 different 5/8ths sockets with live swivels, extensions and so on. nothing I do grabs the spark plug. I have done it from the top of the engine, through the wheel well, and from under the Tahoe. I removed the shield from the AC condenser or accumulator not sure but nothing I do can get the socket to slip over the spark plug. I changed the other 7 but can't get that one. I couldn't do the compression test I was trying to do. any thoughts or suggestions. I'm ready to take it to my mechanic but would prefer to get it myself.

thanks and sorry to thread jack.
Go back and read post #13. The exact short-short extension part number is SK 45159. You can find one on EBay if your local auto parts doesn't have one. It's the only extension made that works perfect. Just that , a standard 5/8" plug socket and ratchet, just like in my picture in post #13. It works perfect. Nothing to remove, no swivels. It's easy with this setup. You get great leverage too. As far as the ones you've installed, you should be fine. I use a dab of anti-seize and tighten 1/2 turn past finger tight.

juggernaut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes I tried and removed the inner fender cover to get it. I tried that extension, a buddy had it. I can get to the plug fine but no matter what I do the socket won't bite the hex at all. I am not kidding and I feel so stupid for this but I have spent a total of 8 hrs trying everything to get the socket on the plug. no matter the angle or how much I rotate it the socket won't seat down.

I check to the best of my ability the hex portion of the plug with a mirror and flash light, everything appears to look okay. I'm seriously getting ready to offer some one 100 bucks if they can get it out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is part of the plug wire still on the plug? That's all I can think of. If the metal part of the wire that connects to the plug is still on it might keep the socket from going on. Use your mirror and shine the light at the mirror to reflect the light onto the plug off the mirror so you can see.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also if your plug socket has a rubber insert, remove it and try. Or try a bigger size plug socket, 11/16. Or a regular deep socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos