Tune Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used to see stripped heads at least once a month from overzealous backyard mechanics. The techs we had that did it were usually fresh ones right out of school that were trying to do as many jobs as possible in a day. It is definitely one product that a little goes a long way.

Make sure you put a little dielectric grease inside the spark plug boot and they will slip on like butter and will usually help get them off down the road. I usually put a little on a Q-Tip and coat the first 1/4" of the boot. You can do the same at the distributor cap too. You don't need to use much of that either. It's usually a 3 beer job
I've never heard of one single person on this forum strip their heads changing spark plugs, and the NBS don't have distributors. Those went away in 1999. Thanks for the info though. Dialectic is good to use for sure on any electrical connection.

mcraezy87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Accel makes some 8mm wires with a ceramic boot on them if you're worried about heat. They're pricey, but better than a melted or arcing boot. I put some on my 97 Ram and they worked great.

cptmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those Taylor wires get good reviews, but what's the warranty like? How does it compare with the lifetime warranty the Belden wires come with?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Those Taylor wires get good reviews, but what's the warranty like? How does it compare with the lifetime warranty the Belden wires come with?
I'm not really sure to be honest. It fit what I needed, my boots we're burning on my headers and these fit the bill. Taylor make some really good wires.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure to be honest. It fit what I needed, my boots we're burning on my headers and these fit the bill. Taylor make some really good wires.
Did you use the factory metal heat shields?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33