Tune up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishingwizard

Reaction score
In keeping with making my 99 hoe the new daily driver, it is time to give her some new spark plugs and wires. The engine runs great, has plenty of power and gets the normal gas mileage 15-17mpg mixed driving.

Question is this... Do / Should i mess with the distributor cap and or rotor or "if it aint broke don't fix it"?

Thanks.

tahoeluver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes change them. It's preventive maintenance. They can cause problems just like the plugs can.

OP
OP
fishingwizard

fishingwizard

Reaction score
What about the distributor coil and the pcv valve...? I already have a new fuel filter.

Thanks.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can change the pcv valve as they are very cheap. As for the coil i would leave it alone unless your either upgrading the cap, rotor, plugs and wires or if the coil body itself (the edge) is starting to look burned. When the coil is starting to go bad from age sometimes they tend to show signs on the outside of the coil.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did the following on my 99 Yukon

- 8MM Summit Racing wire set
- 48,000v Summit Racing coil
- Delphi IGN module
- AC Delco Iridium plugs
- Cleaned the PCV, EGR, IAC, Throttle body and MAF
- AC Delco EVAp vent valve
- AC Delco purge solenoid

I have a new fuel filter on hand(to do this weekend). I replace my cap and rotor when I do my intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets next month