Tuff Country 4" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are the opinions on the Fabtech 6in and BDS 6in? On the BDS, it looks like you are cutting the front diff mounts and welding in some plates, cutting tie rods and stuff. Not that I cant do it but if the fabtech is pure bolt up that would be nice

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Both are good kits but knuckle kits. The fabtech has longer trailing arms for the rear where as BDS uses stock lower arm with and adjustable upper arm. I prefer bracket lifts because they retain stock track width. If I was going with a 6" kit I would opt for the 6-8" bulletproof kit with procomp rear trailing arm drop brackets. Otherwise I would go with the 4" CST kit. Personally for a daily driver the 4" is more reasonable versus 6" because with the roof racks you need 7'3" clearance and in any city most parking decks are 7' which you can clear with the 4". It's all preference and I have 7" on my 11 Denali which can be daily driven with no issues.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having to trim the inner fender would depend on the wheel offset as well. With the right offset, you may not need to trim the inner fender. The 35's we run on ours with a 6" lift rub a little when the wheels are fully turned and the suspension is under compression. I would think with 33's and a 4" lift you wouldn't have too much of a problem with rubbing.

OP
OP
M

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, so i called cst and he told me the silverado kit would work for the front. That front kit with longer rear shocks is like 2300$ I would still need to get rear spacers or a longer coil. Seems kinda overpriced for a basic drop bracket lift. What makes this one better than Fabtech or BDS. At least those would be a complete kit. The CST looks like it doesnt change track width and you can run stock wheels. That is a plus

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
ok, so i called cst and he told me the silverado kit would work for the front. That front kit with longer rear shocks is like 2300$ I would still need to get rear spacers or a longer coil. Seems kinda overpriced for a basic drop bracket lift. What makes this one better than Fabtech or BDS. At least those would be a complete kit. The CST looks like it doesnt change track width and you can run stock wheels. That is a plus

You can find the cst kit for $1500 without rear shocks. Then you can get 5100 for front and rear. eBay cool spacers for $25 and sway bar links $15 if the ones from truck don’t won’t. All in with panhard bar maybe $2000.

The kits all do the same thing which is lift. The others increase track width to accomplish the lift. I like the cst because you can run wider wheels without rubbing as much with a knuckle lift.

OP
OP
M

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I ordered the CST 4.5" kit. Looks like this will cover just the front. Should I order new coils for the rear? Longer shocks? Someone said the bilsteins. DOes anyone have the actual part numbers? And any opinions on rear coils?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
What model is the burb? Might get z71 coils and cheapest eBay spacers. Shocks we can find the best ones to fit. Working on other parts for links

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne