Tuff Country 4" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought the wife a 2017 Suburban 4x4. We sold her Land Cruiser. I had a 3" lift with 35's on it. So I ordered a Zone 6.5" lift and the people said it would fit. Well it arrived and said 07-12 so I decided to call Zone and they said it wont fit. The original plan was to run 35's. I am having trouble getting any good info on all these bracket lift kits. So I think I just decided to run a 33x12.5 So I started looking at smaller lifts. Again, this is for my wife and I really dont need anything crazy. The tough country lift has uniball UCA's, and some diff drop spacers. Obviously the concern is keeping the front cv angles good. This does not have the auto leveling package. SO if anyone can chime in that would be great. Thanks

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the smaller lift will work,..but the 12.5's are going to be more of a concern with rubbing,.. Worse case is you may have to do a small Nocal mod,.. (a little cutting on the inner fender well) Im going to be attempting 34x 11.5's on my Z71 Tahoe with just 3" lift keys,... I may be looking at the same Nocal Mod.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
If you want the best small lift for an auto ride model you have to go custom. I have a knuckle lift now and next will be bracket to retain stock track width. Get a 4" CST front box kit. Rear get 2" ebay spacers and rough country 3.5" kit rear shock extensions plus sway bar links. You will need to either get FTS ride height extensions by calling them on the phone or make your own length all thread rods so the ride height sensors return to stock position before the lift. That should bring the front up to 4-4.5" and the rear 2" while retaining all stock shock function.

OP
OP
M

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont mind trimming inner fenders. The truck does NOT have the magride or rear air. So thats not a problem. I dont mind a bracket lift, but from what Im reading, the 4" ones arent even a true 4" and that it would be cheaper to just piece some spacer lifts together. I originally wanted to use the same tire as the Land Cruiser. it was a toyo RT 285/75-18 which is a narrow 35. I think it might look funny on such a large rig though.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The CST 4" actually measure bolt hole to bolt hole 4.5" so its a true drop. All the other 4" are not true 4" except the zone kit. If it doesn't have the mag or auto ride then I would put 5100s up front with the CST kit and 5160s rear. That tire will fit and look good under this lift for the burb.

OP
OP
M

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The CST 4" actually measure bolt hole to bolt hole 4.5" so its a true drop. All the other 4" are not true 4" except the zone kit. If it doesn't have the mag or auto ride then I would put 5100s up front with the CST kit and 5160s rear. That tire will fit and look good under this lift for the burb.

Even for 4wd? And this is a 2017... Ill check their site out now. Honestly almost saying f it..and doin a 6" BDS. lol.

OP
OP
M

medic83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im not seeing anything for the 2017 4x4 suburban on the cst site

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Im not seeing anything for the 2017 4x4 suburban on the cst site

They wont show you on the website that it will fit the SUV because the rears are different. Call them up on Monday to confirm it will work with your front end only. They refer to it as the front box kit and will ask you what arms you have on the burb, either cast steel, cast aluminum, or boxed from the factory. Then all you need for the rear is 2" coil spacers, sway links, longer shocks, and if necessary an adjustable panhard bar to center axle if it moves towards passenger side. I would measure front and rear fenders to ground to ensure you get the right size rear lift to match with the true 4.5" front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288