Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I did and yes I do have the DJM end links as well as the Spohn Panhard bar...

It was actually NorcalSS that mentioned the panhard bar may be hitting the crossmember to me... I just remember 992dr saying something about possibly clearancing his so I figured there would be pics involved.

I think Tony's 6" springs for the Tahoe may be slightly lower for the long body.

Without the auto leveling hooked up the axle has maybe 2" until it touches the frame... not a while lot of travel... I honestly don't know how you could use these springs and NOT do the free travel mod.
Oh yeah, didn't realize how low you are. Way lower than me for sure.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see pics when you clearance the crossmember for the panhard bar.

I get a thump when I go over a bump to fast... I assumed it was the axle hitting the frame but it could be the crossmember and panhard bar i guess... haven't been back under there to look... lol

I'll take a few when I get under there. Probably tomorrow morning I'll try to knock it out before my wife starts giving me things to do for Mothers Day haha.

Yes I did and yes I do have the DJM end links as well as the Spohn Panhard bar...

It was actually NorcalSS that mentioned the panhard bar may be hitting the crossmember to me... I just remember 992dr saying something about possibly clearancing his so I figured there would be pics involved.

I think Tony's 6" springs for the Tahoe may be slightly lower for the long body.

Without the auto leveling hooked up the axle has maybe 2" until it touches the frame... not a while lot of travel... I honestly don't know how you could use these springs and NOT do the free travel mod.

NorcalSS mentioned it to me too about having to clearance for the pan hard bar. I think its the drivers mount will hit the cross member if you go lower than his 6" coils.

Nice, are they your fronts or rears?
How are you mounting them?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fronts its a DS403...just grabbed now cause amazon had the price way down but only had one, $115ish :eek:. will be ordering atomic mounts (along with poly engine mounts from him prob). heaviest 10" spring i can find it 800lb.

i'm only wanting like 3.5" in the front though total. i should be able to play with the height on these and get 1-3" by themselves. going to try to use them with the drop spindles. if i cant then i'll go back to stock spindles and see how low i can run run the coilover

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fronts its a DS403...just grabbed now cause amazon had the price way down but only had one, $115ish :eek:. will be ordering atomic mounts (along with poly engine mounts from him prob). heaviest 10" spring i can find it 800lb.

i'm only wanting like 3.5" in the front though total. i should be able to play with the height on these and get 1-3" by themselves. going to try to use them with the drop spindles. if i cant then i'll go back to stock spindles and see how low i can run run the coilover

Nice. They only had one coil over? Did you backorder the other for same price?
You can contact QA1 and inquire about different rates or Richard might know to.

You should be able to run them with your drop spindles. Make sure you let Richard know you will be using spindles when you order your mounts. He will set you up right. He also has some good deals on Vikings if the QA1s don't work out.

What are you planning for out back?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon dont work like that :(

Yea sent him an email last night to get the ball rolling. SUV is a bit heavier than trucks, but I imagine over the front axle should be the same weight, I think 12"springs can be found up to 1200lbs if I need them, but would need longer shock I believe

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh gotcha. I'm not familiar with amazon, haven't used it very much. That stinks though.

Do you have steel or aluminum lowers?
I believe you are correct, you'd need a new shock for the longer coil. I think. Might want to get in touch with QA1 and see what's available.
Are you sticking with coils out back or are you going to convert to coil over out back to?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steel arms/spindles up front on mine. looked into swapping it all to aluminum..isnt even all that expensive for oem parts ($600ish) with the coil over, might shed 60-70 lbs - not that it makes a whole lot of difference

I've found their and vikings catalogs, the springs used are pretty "common" but not much love for anything over 800-900lb/in springs :eek:. qa1 doesnt make anything over 650 in 10" i think . eibach and PAC make them up to 800lb, looks like hyperco makes a 900lb/in 10" spring.

Belltech 4" drop coil with the spacer now (otherwise it looks lower in the back). and a single adjustable qa1 shock out back is working pretty good. no autolevel shocks, resistor on stock wiring. I need to do free travel mod and remove the spacer when front is lower.
I love the way it rides, firm and responsive. without travel mod it will bottom out on real bad bumps (like terrible rail road crossings) if i go any lighter on the shock settings but it is still pretty plush at the moment where i have them set (like 6 of 18 clicks).

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read about that conversion. I think Three6GMC had posted it on his Instagram.
Mine came with aluminum lowers, I'm looking at aluminum uppers now but need to confirm the part numbers are compatible with bell tech spindles.
60-70lbs is decent amount of weight. I'm sure you'd see a difference at the track, may be slight but I'm sure it would help even the smallest amount.

Nice. I'd like mine to be more firm and responsive. Its ok.
Once I get the rear situated I think it'll handle like its on rails.

These are the wheels I'm considering https://cosmisusa.com/product/xt-005r/ So far they only have them in 20x9.5 with our 6 lug pattern.
I'd love them in 18x10 but am waiting to hear back to see if they are available in 6 lug. The only ones available with lug are the 20s.
If they don't pan out, back to square one, haha.
I have a feeling the rear is going to take me more time to complete seeing its my daily.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after driving around with about 3" of ground clearance up front I've decided to lift the front about 1.5" to level it out with the rear. All in hopes to save my front valance.
This means I need to replace my uppers with factory replacements (hopefully aluminum ones if they fit) and add a couple of spacers to my struts. All to keep me in spec for my alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep