Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it

Awww, I feel the love

Sorry man... kind of an inside joke... lol

Your truck does look really good BTW.

Did you ever decide on wheels???

If your thinking about 20's you may wanna hold off on going any lower or they may not fit... unless you go with low profile tires.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
find some 20" steelies :cool:

run a smaller tire up front? you're 2wd right - wont fix the rake but atleast get the fender gap to match a little better

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man... kind of an inside joke... lol

Your truck does look really good BTW.

Did you ever decide on wheels???

If your thinking about 20's you may wanna hold off on going any lower or they may not fit... unless you go with low profile tires.

Yeah, kinda figured haha

Thanks

Not yet, I need to get the bugs worked out of this suspension first. I'm planning on tubs to, so hopefully that'll help with clearance issues.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
find some 20" steelies :cool:

run a smaller tire up front? you're 2wd right - wont fix the rake but atleast get the fender gap to match a little better

I was considering Detroit steels. My suspension is consuming me though, hah. Once its complete, I'll focus more on the wheels.

Yes, 2wd. Once I get the mounts and coil-overs, the gap will match. I'd rather not run two different size tires.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I was considering Detroit steels. My suspension is consuming me though, hah. Once its complete, I'll focus more on the wheels.

Yes, 2wd. Once I get the mounts and coil-overs, the gap will match. I'd rather not run two different size tires.

I am curious to see pics when you clearance the crossmember for the panhard bar.

I get a thump when I go over a bump to fast... I assumed it was the axle hitting the frame but it could be the crossmember and panhard bar i guess... haven't been back under there to look... lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see pics when you clearance the crossmember for the panhard bar.

I get a thump when I go over a bump to fast... I assumed it was the axle hitting the frame but it could be the crossmember and panhard bar i guess... haven't been back under there to look... lol
Have you done the free travel mod for the axle hitting the frame? The other thing that hits is the panhard bar on the passenger side end link. DJM sells a set of offset end links for that.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Have you done the free travel mod for the axle hitting the frame? The other thing that hits is the panhard bar on the passenger side end link. DJM sells a set of offset end links for that.

Yes I did and yes I do have the DJM end links as well as the Spohn Panhard bar...

It was actually NorcalSS that mentioned the panhard bar may be hitting the crossmember to me... I just remember 992dr saying something about possibly clearancing his so I figured there would be pics involved.

I think Tony's 6" springs for the Tahoe may be slightly lower for the long body.

Without the auto leveling hooked up the axle has maybe 2" until it touches the frame... not a while lot of travel... I honestly don't know how you could use these springs and NOT do the free travel mod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu