trying to find a part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A recent thread revealed that there is actually a lock cylinder inside the button whether it has a slot for a key in it or not.
yes there is a actuator which can be ordered from rock auto but it didn't seem to have the button, it looks like it is only the black plastic part with electrical connector.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my button has been leaking water and is so corroded it froze up. i can find just the button but like i said before I dont wat to get the wrong one

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
U-pull probably has a good selection and makes for good practice on not-your-truck.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

If you read it the way I read it it will work... sentence has a period after without Escalade.

You could re-write it to read like this:

Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL. Without Escalade.
Also if you scroll down the page from your link above, you will see this chart:
View media item 26828
My $0.02 is that it won't work on a Caddy, but will work on a GMC or Chevy.
Cheers!

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read it the way I read it it will work... sentence has a period after without Escalade.

You could re-write it to read like this:

Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL. Without Escalade.
Also if you scroll down the page from your link above, you will see this chart:
View media item 26828
My $0.02 is that it won't work on a Caddy, but will work on a GMC or Chevy.
Cheers!
I think they say that the part won’t fit the caddy because the caddy has a big emblem around the push button, and doesn’t have the black ring around the push button like the Chevy and gmc tailgates. That’s probably why it says it doesn’t fit caddy. All the yahoes, Yukons, suburbans, and Yukon XLs that I’ve seen with a tailgate and release button for the glass have the exact same button setup. So I think it’ll be fine to order that part. It should fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT