trying to find a part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to find a replacement for the rear liftgate button to open the glass #13 in the picture. i think the part number is 15785107 but when i try to double check on other sites like rockauto they tell me its the wrong number. ebay has the part but says its for suburbans or XL's only . i just dont wanna buy the wrong part

s-l500.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
trying to find a replacement for the rear liftgate button to open the glass #13 in the picture. i think the part number is 15785107 but when i try to double check on other sites like rockauto they tell me its the wrong number. ebay has the part but says its for suburbans or XL's only . i just dont wanna buy the wrong part

View attachment 192518
I don't see how that would/could be specific to an XL or suburban model.
You could take a complete rear hatch assembly and put it on your Hoe with no issues, so I don't see how a button could be different. I think it would be fine.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And the number you referenced appears to be a lock cylinder. My '04 Hoe liftgate doesn't have a (key) lock per se, just the pushbutton for the glass. Wonder if the Burbs and XLs have a key cylinder back there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the number you referenced appears to be a lock cylinder. My '04 Hoe liftgate doesn't have a (key) lock per se, just the pushbutton for the glass. Wonder if the Burbs and XLs have a key cylinder back there.
no just a button, when the doors/hatch lock cylinder is locked the lift glass button actuator is deactivated and wont open the glass

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
On another thread, a member took that button apart and it actually was a lock cylinder , just had a plug over it so it looked like a button.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No key back there. It’s just a push button but it locks and unlocks together with the rest of the doors.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

no just a button, when the doors/hatch lock cylinder is locked the lift glass button actuator is deactivated and wont open the glass

A recent thread revealed that there is actually a lock cylinder inside the button whether it has a slot for a key in it or not.