Trunk rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of a sudden I’m starting to hear a rattle from this compartment I think it’s because how I put my jack in and the other pieces but I’m not sure.Has anyone have rattling problems from this compartment? Or what do you think the problem is?

*Oh and I do have subwoofers by the way but they’re not rattling
0C4CC5A4-0159-4150-A443-D531312F2F1E.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the jack and the other parts should be held in place with a nut inside there, if you just tossed them in there loose then ya that's probably what is rattling around there is nothing else back there but the sub and wiring harness, I put all kinds of crap in there since there is plenty of room, I have a big chain and jumper cables, fix a flat, rags, gloves, whatever else I can cram in there and still nothing rattles.

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the jack and the other parts should be held in place with a nut inside there, if you just tossed them in there loose then ya that's probably what is rattling around there is nothing else back there but the sub and wiring harness, I put all kinds of crap in there since there is plenty of room, I have a big chain and jumper cables, fix a flat, rags, gloves, whatever else I can cram in there and still nothing rattles.
I never knew about the nut but I’ll investigate tomorrow

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big wing nut, if you dont have it junkyard or wrap it all up separately in old rags, towels... no more rattling
And all the tools go under the back seat in a bag with another nut holding it down. There are wheel chocks in the back too7D43C5F3-9494-4F90-9EC9-AAD8C0BF72B5.png 4B246A9A-C063-4508-BAF5-D8B267A088D0.png

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A big wing nut, if you dont have it junkyard or wrap it all up separately in old rags, towels... no more rattling
And all the tools go under the back seat in a bag with another nut holding it down. There are wheel chocks in the back tooView attachment 190416 View attachment 190417
Are you saying the tools are stowed under the 2nd row seat? Mine aren't. They don't rattle either.

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And all the tools go under the back seat in a bag with another nut holding it down. There are wheel chocks in the back tooView attachment 190416 View attachment 190417
If that’s second row seating I can’t put them there because of my amp

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you saying the tools are stowed under the 2nd row seat? Mine aren't. They don't rattle either.
on both my xl's there is a storage compartment on the driver's side over the rear tire wheel well, same big plastic panel that contains the subwoofer, my old 2000 had a small glove box type storage in addition to the jack storage area, my xl denali 2012 has a small storage panel but it's essentially useless for holding anything that weighs more than 1lb so everything goes in the jack storage there is all kinds of room in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne