Trunk/Bumper damage - rear ended - Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl just got rear ended while driving the Tahoe. She seems to be ok but the next few days will really tell. As far as the Tahoe, the rear pumper is done, trunk pushed in. I imagine they both need to be replaced. Anything else I should check for? I'm thinking gas shocks, trunk motor, exhaust and assembly for lowering tire.

The big questions is what are my options? Does the Escalate, Suburban, Yukon all have the same trunk/bumper and just different lights? Would there be an ideal upgrade if these things have to be replaced? Thanks in advance. I did a search on car-parts and seen the escalade trunk come up when I searched for TAhoe parts which is a sign they are all interchangeable.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did yours come with the chrome strip along the pad? If not, you could upgrade to that. Not sure if that was a LT feature or LTZ

You could do the Esky bumper...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2012-rear-escalade-bumper-with-dual-tips-part-numbers.44875/

Thanks for the feedback. Mine did NOT come with the chrome. I'll be sure to do that upgrade. I like that upgrade bumper but I'm scared to drive without my spare even though I never had to use.

I was going to see if I could find a black trunk/bumper at a yard in amazing shape to save $, but wasnt sure what would fit or what would make sense. I dont mind having badges removed. What would be needed to get better tail lights on as well?

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at regular escalades (not ESV) on car-parts and seen a 2009 and was interested in their bumper and tail lights. The trunk I realized would be a waste since you got that huge caddy emblem above the handle. Are there any other parts that are interchangeable such as door knobs, side view mirror chrome pieces, center arm rest lid, 3rd brake light?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Mine did NOT come with the chrome. I'll be sure to do that upgrade.

Just make sure when they go to order the bumper, they make it an LTZ bumper or (denali). Its different than a regular bumper so the chrome trim won't fit onto a regular bumper

What would be needed to get better tail lights on as well?

Like 2 bolts on each side. Very easy

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at regular escalades (not ESV) on car-parts and seen a 2009 and was interested in their bumper and tail lights. The trunk I realized would be a waste since you got that huge caddy emblem above the handle. Are there any other parts that are interchangeable such as door knobs, side view mirror chrome pieces, center arm rest lid, 3rd brake light?

For the exterior it's the rear bumper, Appliques, 3rd brake light, door handles, ENTIRE side mirrors (not the chrome piece by itself)

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question:

I was looking at a 2013 LTZ and seen the back up camera (or maybe the head unit allows this) looks much better than mine showing the lines and might be even better quality camera. I see the head unit improved in 2013. If I got a trunk from a 2013 LTZ, I would see an improvement with the camera? Also, I see blind side warning is available but probably requires changing more than just the mirrors....?

https://www.carstory.com/detail/2013-chevrolet-tahoe-nashville_tn-1GNSKCE03DR349840

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both of those are built in to the computer systems. Switching the camera out or the mirrors won't get those options to work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans