Truck info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ybnorml67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. New here. I just bought a 2009 2wd Tahoe. It was purchased at an auction back in 2015 by its first civilian owner.

I'm not new to Chevy trucks or customizing them, just this generation. IMG_1126.JPG

I have a few questions :

How do I know if it's a SSV or a PPV? And what is the difference between the two.

Is there anything I should know about the suspension before lowering it? IE, is it different from a regular 4x2 truck?

I plan on lowering it and throwing on some later model factory 22's.

Adding a trailer hitch? Mine just has a square tubing where the hitch would be, do I just swap the bar out with one from a stock truck?

OP
OP
Y

ybnorml67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
0k, so its a PPV. Thanks

Is there anything special about the suspension that I should know before ordering my lowering components? I haven't seen any info anywhere else but i'd hate to order parts and find out they're redundant.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
There is alot of info on this site... the spring rates are different I believe and the lower control arms are cast aluminum like the 4x4 models instead of steel like most of the 2wd models.

OP
OP
Y

ybnorml67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I have searched this forum as well as another forum that I belong to.

Some guys state that these are lower than a regular 2wd Tahoe, others say its just the tires.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Forgot to mention... I believe the PPV runs the bigger sway bars from the 4x4's as well.

Kwilson1671

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look at the speedo, PPV goes to 140, ssv goes to 120. PPV is lowered by 3 to 4 inches and is wider for cornering, hence the pursuit vehicle in the name. Wiring is the same plus has extra added under the center dash, behind the glove box and drivers side back. You can look up the manual that comes with them on the web. They have a lot of equipment deleted but can be added. I added the DIC switch, and rear door locking rods so everything is basically normal.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better with the black wheels IMO, at least until you get it set up the way you want. And that hugger C10 with the big steelies looks damn good!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :)

Lookin good man and I have to agree with RC, the C10 is pretty bad ass.

PPVs suspension is lowered 2" all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos